Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Hola Todos! 10/24/06

Buenos dias! Well, I´m here in Quito and all is very well. The flight was quite uneventful,though I did get to watch Akeelah and the Bee, which gave me great strength. The airport was full of roses, as they are very proud of their rose business here in Ecuador. I´m going to get to meet with Mr. Rose and Mr. Puya himself later... Jose Manzanares. I got to my very cute hotel Folklore (thanks Matt) and the two ladies who run it are just so nice...it has parakeets,lots of plants and is very quiet. Can´t quite figure out the hot water, but did get a great night´s sleep. Awoke to a symphony of strange birds. I´m going to make my way over to the garden eventually to meet with Edwin, my guide. Might head to the herbarium, or do one more night here because it is so nice and homey feeling. The city is quite large (I think much bigger than La Paz), but very beautiful...there is a giant mountain right in front of me. I´m glad I´ve done South America before, so many things are not a shock or hard to figure out. My spanish seems much better than when I was in Bolivia...and I can more or less understand people! Funny how that happens...I certainly didn´t practice much. I´ll try to add to it when I get something more interesting to say. Best wishes and I´ll write more soon!çç All is good... Nos vemos,Rachel

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?